APSI welcomes a select number of scholars from the Asia Pacific region to visit Duke each year.
Visiting scholars are nominated by APSI faculty members and are expected to conduct independent research and engage with faculty and students at Duke.
Once you have connected with an APSI faculty member who has approved your research proposal, please contact us to obtain more information about visa requirements and timelines.
Our current visiting scholars are:
- Professor Hyun Choe, Department of Sociology and Graduate Program of Korean Studies, Jeju National University | Research interests: Verifying the New Definition of the Commons: Based on Commoning Practices and Movements in the World
- Dr. Ryan Holmberg, Independent scholar | Research interests: Interactions between American and Japanese popular culture, the history of nuclear visual culture in Asia, and the impact US military installations have had on Japanese culture and society
- Professor Yongcheol Kim, Department of Art History and Visual Culture, Korea University | Research Interests: The Acceptance of Russian Constructivism in Modern East Asia Visual Culture
- Professor Hangwoo Lee, Department of Sociology, Chungbuk National University | Research topic: Affect and Digital Commons, a study on the nature of the turn-to affect in contemporary capitalism from the perspective of commons and relational sociology
- Ms. Sayaha Takahashi, Independent scholar | Research topic: The Roles and the Politics of the Documentation of Post-1960s Sculptures with A Focus on the International Exchanges