APSI welcomes a select number of scholars from the Asia Pacific region to visit Duke each year.
Visiting scholars are nominated by APSI faculty members and are expected to conduct independent research and engage with faculty and students at Duke.
Our current visiting scholars are:
- Zhipeng Bao, Renmin University of China | Research interests: U.S. foreign policy in the Asia-Pacific and ethnic issues and democratization in Myanmar
- Gene Doris, Independent scholar | Research interests: Economic development, land policy and cooperatives in North China during the War of Resistance
- Ryan Holmberg, Independent scholar | Research interests: Interactions between American and Japanese popular culture, the history of nuclear visual culture in Asia, and the impact US military installations have had on Japanese culture and society
- Chunyan Liu, Shanghai University | Research interests: The surgeon general and the anti-smoking movement in USA
- Ying Qiu, Jiangxi University of Finance and Economics | Research interests: Service outsourceing, trade in services, and global value chains
- Wei Zhang, Beijing University | Research interests: The image of China from the western perspective in the late 18th - 19th centuries